Sunday, 11 November 2012

Saffron Walden Music Festival

Yesterday I took part in The Saffron Walden Music Festival. I played La Campanella and won the section that I was competing in. It was a great music festival, with a lot of very good musicians. This is a brand new music festival and it is held at The Saffron Walden County High School.

This afternoon the organisers called me to let me know that I had won the whole of the piano section and asked if I could go back at 4pm to play again to compete for the prize of overall winner of the competition. So I played again and I won. Wow, that is really cool, I get to keep a huge cup and my name will be the first on the base.

Here is a photo of me with John York who was the adjudicator at the festival.


I hope I can compete at the festival again next year.

1 comment: