Monday, 5 November 2012

Music Competition

This Saturday I will take part in a music competition in Saffron Walden. It is part of the Saffron Walden Music Festival and will be held at The County High School in Audley End Road, Saffron Walden.

I will compete in two different Piano sections, Class 7 Romantic and Class 8 Modern, so I hope it will go OK! I think this is the first year that there has been a festival like this in Saffron Walden so it is very exciting.

For the Romantic piece I am going to play La Campanella by Liszt and for the Modern piece I will play the third movement of Estampes, Jardins sous la pluie by Debussy. I practiced La Campanella tonight after school.

My sister is also going to take part in the competition. She is going to compete in Class 3 Piano (Grade 5-6) and Class 3 Strings (Grade 5-6). It is the third competition she has ever entered.

Here is an article about the festival from The Cambridge News.

John York is going to be judging the competition. He is a very well known composer and pianist.


No comments:

Post a Comment