Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Mitsuko Uchida

One of my favourite performers is the Japanese pianist, Mitsuko Uchida. I like the way she performs and I was lucky enough to see her in Birmingham in 2010. After the concert I queued up to meet her. I was very nervous and maybe she thought I was crazy as I couldn't think of much to say.


Mitsuko Uchida was awarded a CBE by Queen Elizabeth in 2001 and in 2009 she was made a Dame by the Queen.


The way she performs is very beautiful when you watch her, I like the way she moves her body. Also she is traditional about the way she performs, if anyone in the audience makes a noise she can get upset with them and tell them to leave! Wow, I am pleased I didn't sneeze when I was watching... I am trying to be as good a player as her one day.

This is a very interesting interview where she talks about playing different composers.

This is Mitsuko Uchida playing Chopin Etude Op.10 No.2, I think in 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment