Sunday, 2 September 2012

Concert in Chatteris

Yesterday I performed a 90 minute recital at St. Peter and St. Pauls Church in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire. I think it went quite well, except that I made a few little mistakes. But everyone seemed to like my playing so I think it was OK.

Here is the programme for the concert:


Piano Sonata No.14 in C sharp minor, (Op.27 No.2), Beethoven
I.   Adagio Sostenuto 
II.  Allegretto
III. Presto Agitato

Estampes, Debussy
I.   Pagodes 
II.  La soirĂ©e dans Grenade
III. Jardin sous la pluie 

Guest Performer Joshua Harliono
Four Romantic Pieces, Dvorak
B flat major, Allegro Moderato

Interval

Rachmaninov. Prelude No.1 in C sharp minor, (Op.3 No.2)

Four Impromptus, D899 (Op.90), Schubert
I.   C minor, Allegro Molto Moderato 
II.  E flat, Allegro
III. G flat, Andante
IV. A flat, Allegretto

The church has really good acoustics and the people from the Chatteris Music Society are really friendly and very very organised. At the interval tea and cakes were served, it was a very traditional and lovely event. The piano I played had been donated to the church by a man who was watching me at the concert, so I am very grateful to him for that.

Next month Andrew Parnell will be performing at the church. He is a great composer and he has written many well known pieces including music for some of the Harry Potter movies. I think it is really worth going there to see a concert.

Here are some photos from the rehearsal. You can see me playing piano, my brother Josh is playing violin and Jem is doing wonders setting up the Mikes for the amplification:







No comments:

Post a Comment