Friday, 6 July 2012

Recording at Southbank

Last Saturday I went to Southbank in London. I had been asked to record Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 1 Adagio for an audio guide that will be used at Southbank. I travelled there with my mum, dad and my sister. We had breakfast at a restaurant next to Southbank, so I had a croissant and hot chocolate... Yum!

We met William Fong, my piano teacher from school, at the Artists Entrance and went to the Queen Elizabeth Hall. It was strange to be on the empty stage with no-one in the seats. The sound recorder was a guy called David, he was really nice and had a microphone on a long pole, kind of like a fishing rod which he held so it was really close to the strings. I played the piece through twice, then just some of the parts where the notes didn't quite sound the first time, then I played it one final time. It sounded OK I think. The piano was really good, it was a Steinway concert grand.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment